About CeramaZirc Ultra Tough
Advanced High Fracture Toughness Zirconia Composite
CeramaZirc Ultra Tough is an advanced zirconia-based ceramic composite material based on partially stabilized zirconia and alumina platelets and is the latest and toughest composite to be introduced by Precision Ceramics. Download the CeramaZirc Ultra Tough Info Sheet (PDF).
- Use temperatures up to 1500°C
- Remarkably high fracture toughness and impact resistance while maintaining above average values for bending strength and hardness.
- Toughening by crack deflection provided by unique microstructure of alumina platelets in a partially stabilized zirconia matrix.
- Hot isostatically pressed (HIP’ed) for superior strength and reliability.
- No compromise between bending strength, hardness and fracture toughness.
- Increased resistance to hydrothermal ageing through Ceria partial stabilization
Watch the Video
Dubbed ‘ceramic steel’ Zirconia (ZrO2) ceramic materials offer a combination of high hardness, wear and corrosion resistance while still maintaining one of the highest figures for fracture toughness amongst ceramic materials.