Buy Boron Nitride Aerosol Spray
We supply ceramic Boron Nitride Aerosol Spray in 12oz cans or by the case (12 cans). If you would like to buy our Boron Nitride Aerosol Spray or have any questions about this product, please feel free to contact us and our experts will be happy to assist you.
About Boron Nitride Aerosol Spray
Precision Ceramics’ Boron Nitride Aerosol Spray creates a thin film on a variety of materials – from metal and plastics to ceramics and wood, this spray is incredibly versatile. By combining Boron Nitrides unique properties of high thermal conductivity, excellent lubricating abilities, and low electrical conductivity with the functionality of an aerosol spray, we have created an entirely new product that offers unsurpassed performance as an anti-stick release agent & lubricant in an incredibly convenient form. This spray is ideal for creating a high temperature protective release coating, forming a “barrier layer” between dissimilar materials, or as a high performance lubricant on wear parts. Our Boron Nitride Aerosol Spray is one of the highest performing dry film lubricants on the market today. Of all solid lubricants available today, hexagonal Boron Nitride has the highest temperature resistance in air. It can sustainably be used at approximately 900°C while other solid lubricants will start to oxidize and lose their lubricating properties at much lower temperatures. Boron Nitride’s friction coefficient stays almost perfectly unchanged over a large range of temperatures.
Boron Nitride Aerosol Spray Features
- Can be used with a wide range of materials
- Quick Drying
- Easily applied
- Excellent lubricating properties
- High thermal conductivity
- Low thermal expansion
- High temperature stability
- Prevents adherence/reaction/galling
- Good chemical inertness
- Low dielectric constant
- Maintains properties in nearly any environment; high temperatures, vacuums, etc.
Boron Nitride Aerosol Spray Applications
- Welding & Brazing
- Protects from weld spatter
- Eliminates sticking & carbon contamination
- Plastic & Rubber Molds
- Excellent release abilities – improves product surface finishes
- Glass making
- Reduces surface defects & improves mold/die life and release
- Molten metal processing & metal forming
- Inhibits corrosion and chemical attack and provides easier release and longer mold/die life
- Release agent on jigging for glass to metal seals
- Gun Applications
- Bullet coatings & gun barrel coating; reduces friction, dissipates heat, may extend life of barrel
Method of Application
Surfaces to be sprayed should be clean and free of dust and organics. Roughing the surface with a fine grit sandpaper can help facilitate a mechanical bond. Shake the can well before using. Hold the can approximately 18″ away from the surface to be coated and spray with a uniform sweeping motion. Do not spray into open flame. The approximate coverage of one 12 oz. can of aerosol is 75 sq. ft. As with all aerosol sprays, be sure to use appropriate safety precautions as outlined in the material safety data sheet. Precision Ceramics is your total solution for your advanced ceramic Boron Nitride Aerosol Spray needs; we are always happy to use our many years of technical ceramics experience to provide advice on materials, design, and application.